Monday, May 2, 2016

A month of music and moves


It's times like these that make me step back and think holy cow, I'm gonna blink and be 50. We got to play the Roots North Musical Festival with a couple great acts two Saturdays ago. Slocan Ramblers and Old Man Luedecke are my new obsession. Such great artists, but alas on an all-American tour for the next little while. 




Before we played Beer, Bourbon & BBQ, I walked into the shop and was greeted by a team of Girdwoods! The honour is due a ten-fold salute.


This was a wicked fun time, even though some of the white hairs couldn't really stand the big sound of the brewery acoustics. The chef, Terry, from Fork in the Road was already a big fan of the Currie's shop and loved the show. Even our head brewer was raving. Terry kindly whipped up some insanely good veggie fair for the 3/4 vegetarians in the group. I forgot how good he was at foods. So fully bellies, beer for me mates and $50 later was a good tradeoff.



Over the past month, we've been ruining everyone's facebook feed with self-promotion of our place in CBC Searchlight. 250 out of 1400 bands were selected for the next round and we're crossing our fingers that we'll be number one in our region, Central Ontario. We topped it in the judge's panels, but not most popular public vote (meh). A good friend of mine made up this video in time for submission: thanks dude, you're KILLER.

And today, my friend miss Kaitlyn has officially moved to Bracebridge for the summer! We probably got into too much trouble over the month that she lived with me, but I think the separate housing will soften the calamity.