Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Time for some introspection

Thanks to my digital music prof supplying us with the questions for my exam on Thursday, I am relatively at ease. At least enough for a little aimless natter.

Last week, I had an interview with two ladies from the accessibility department of the Ontario gov. I recognized them from last year when it was me and three other candidates for this same job. It was my first interview this year.

I did have another one lined up for a GUN factory, which required me to drive four hours home. Incidentally, I put on a nice shirt, hairsprayed the shit out of my hair, and ditched last minute. I let the secretary know I had just received another offer. Instead, I hung out with H at the pub in cford, which also happens to serve the best dang coffee around. It absorbed the late Grind House (god bless her). I was late for my comics class, and forgot all about it.

So for these gov interviews you get ten minutes and printout of the questions they're gonna ask you. I jotted some points down, recycling some of last years and met my potential employers. I can't say it was my most articulate moment, but I pumped them with info. I left pretty sure I didn't care, whatever, it doesnt matter, I dont need no job! Peh, who'd want to work in Kitchener anyways.

Now, I'm happily corresponding with subletters in Waterloo, close to my cherubfaced ladyfriend. It seems if I want something affordable, I'm going to have to accept that I'll be living with randos. But that's okay, I'm all jazzed to meet new people and start over. I may not be living anywhere exotic, but I just want to shake off my history. Not that I hate my history, but I wasn't exactly living an authentic lifestyle in the social group I ascribed to for four years.

It's going to be a weird summer, two days in office, three days travelling around sw Ontario, and Monday/Tuesday off.

I pray to jebus that my partner is cool. PLEASE let her/him be awesome.

Been in sweats for so long, forgot how awesome it was to be
AWESOME.
But seriously, I'm so freaking relieved.