Monday, November 5, 2012

Brave New Worlds

My boyfriend took me to Museum London on Sunday. In the past, I never gave it a chance because London in general seemed to be a bit lacklustre.

However, I checked it out because lo and behold there was a really cool exhibit that just started. Brave New Worlds. How could I resist anything that references that sexy piece of literature. When we first entered the hall, Kyru and I were pretty freaking confused, it took a while for us to settle in and actually try to understand the art. There was everything from digital imaging, paintings, models of Haiti and a whole lot of sculptures made from transportation.

The works were riddled with dystopic references to the past and harsh commentaries on the social present. Sublime depictions of technology overshadowed nature and gaunt faces of starved Africans, forests were immersed in invasive human constructions of mobile homes. Needless to say it was amazing, and I highly recommend checking this out before it expires January 20th.

Take it breezey,
Rahwood