Tuesday, December 12, 2017

attempt number 1

In light of my tendency to splurge on negative feelings, I am attempting to creative something passive or positive.

Today, I woke at 7am and debated the run. The thought process being... another half hour of sleep and I'm golden, it's probably too snowy, oh it looks like the plows have passed. But I'm so comfortable. I'll feel better if I do, I probably can't sleep. If I say no today, I'll open up nos tomorrow.

So I ran. And it was like trodding through the beach, but quite refreshing.

Then after I fixed a windshield wiper (I think), I entered the warehouse to collect some credit memos. CW seemed a little aggravated about counting kegs. He has an interminably grumpy condition that contrasts GW fantastically. GW is contagiously good spirited and a perfect foil to CW. I collected my things and drove to the brewery where i filled out all the event documents to close the case. I felt caught up in a lot of minor things in the morning until I finally got to work on my main current project, the xmas gift pack.

I left, dusted the windows and picked up a half hot chocolate for the drive home, informing bf that I would probably visit after prepping come cookies for the bake swap. I'm making coffee chocolate crinkle cookies, based on a recipe I found in the Sobeys cataloge. Very simple. I have this fear that I'll bp on whatever I collect, so I need a disposal gameplan. Who can I offload the cargo to? I suppose I could bring them to the Curries xmas party to share among friends and acquaintances. That way, they are not sitting in my apartment with a potential anxiety clinging to them, much like potential gravity clings to pigtails on the swing.

I visited bf and everytime I do, I realize how lucky I am to see someone turn towards me with nothing but joy, kisses, and the beginning of some kind of cabbage dish. I often don't feel seen at all in a role so visual as marketing. Any other reaction is usually one to one, me to me. Spinning around him in spirit and laughing at his roommate woes, I realize how much more at ease and stress free I am around him ever since the big L. It's funny how timid we still are around the sentiment. Each not sure how to treat the feeling. Do we acknowledge it with vigour or with caution?

I suppose it's been a good day when my lids are heavy enough to topple the opera house.

Good times at trivia as always.

Meeeee