Wednesday, December 13, 2017

attempt number 2

Late dinners mess up my dreams. You know when you wake up and for a good while you're convinced something actually just happened and in this dizzy spell you worry about its affect on your life? Yah, that's what avocados do to me too.

Let's see, I was suddenly IN ebay, and stressing out because this virtual reality game that I spent a whopping $1100 on wasn't selling as well as I'd hope. I woke up believing I had lost $600 and when I fell back asleep I was in this square 3D grid setting trying to hit the black and white cones so that the buyer would let me re-auction this item. Kind of a reboot like premise, fighting the user.

I was out the door by 7:15, puffing through the -19C to the same 50 songs I've loaded on my shuffle for weeks now. I really should wipe it and start over, but somehow Marianas Trench still makes me want to dance while my legs are burning.

My legs WERE red, along with a portion of my belly that my shirt kept sliding above under my purple running jacket. I need to find some kind of shell or super thick running pant for those days... maybe some silver tearaways. Now we're talking.

The rest of the day slowed right down. I got to work on some christmas gift pack designs, which is an exciting addition to my portfolio. I get so nervous about prepping this stuff, because I'm not a designer, and I don't have time to fully illustrate and vectorize 3different concepts before January (with the holiday). I just hope they don't hate it.

I had to go to home hardware after work to replace a space heater extension cord. I didn't know they even made ones THAT specific. This purchase was necessary to replace the cord I had ruined when I drove about 10km down highway 11 before realizing that I forgot to unplug the space heater that had been plugged in to keep the event beer from freezing overnight. I'm hoping to sneak this new one in without CW figuring out what really happened. $30 down.

I made these great cookies today for a work bake swap. I found the recipe in a sobeys holiday catalogue for Coffee Chocolate Crinkle cookies. REAL good, you mix in ground coffee which gives the dark chocolate a nice kick and crunch.

https://www.sobeys.com/en/recipes/coffee-chocolate-crinkle-cookies/

KC washed a couple tees for me and we watched a couple episodes of Kim's Convenience. It's interesting how much the social awkwardness in a show affects him. He gets real uncomfortable as I explain that this is how most situational comedies work. I guess if you watch nothing but Forged in Fire and documentaries, you're not exposed to this type of catharsis. Must be like how I feel when I watched the British version of the office.

I'm getting sleepy so I'll have to through this computer on the floor. Mental check in wise, I felt pretty good today, just focusing on dos not I don'ts. There was one moment where I got agitated when KC told me about adding to up next when I just wanted to listen to the song. Other than that, pretty positive, dodged a B.