Thursday, December 28, 2017

Poster of a Girl

Interesting. I had a post here. Now it is gone.

Tonight I am meeting up with one of my oldest friends. After coming out, he later revealed that he was she. The first time I saw her again was possibly six years ago and I missed much of this transition. Still when I saw her at the party, she came over and gave me the biggest hugs. I felt pretty emotional and I won't lie, I really tanked at the whole she thing, having known one of my best friends with the most formative memories as he.

I know it's extremely hard to be in her shoes so it feels pretty childish to say bridging the gap was uncomfortable. For so long I had played and grown with him, at one point I even crushed on my friend that I was so close with. I apologized for my slip ups but she brushed it off with easy tolerance. The kind I should have had.

So now we're going to hot bellies this evening to watch my friends regular Thursday set. I hope we can catch up and I can overcome this weakness of memory so that my friend can be exactly who she is.

Eve.